Sunday, November 8, 2009

HomeWalk

Jack, Sadie, and I did the 5K HomeWalk to end homelessness on Saturday. Here we are at the finish line. As you can see I did the heavy lifting, including carrying the mighty-heavy Jack in my arms for a chunk of the walk. The kids were good sports though, and that was much appreciated. Thanks to incredibly generous family and friends we raised $440 for the walk! I also organized the Skid Row Housing Trust team for the walk and we had more than 50 people join our team and we raised over $2,800.

It was exciting to have Sadie and Jack join me in my work around homelessness. I hope that ultimately they will develop an appreciation for social justice work and be proud of their mama for what I do everyday. It make take a few more years of bribing them with tasty snacks to keep them happy at this annual walk, but someday I hope they do get excited about the cause itself.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Yea!!!! Congrats & good job! So inspirational!