Monday, September 20, 2010

Catch Phrases


Phew, I'm glad that I posted a slug of photos around Labor Day, because it's been a lean period for photos since. The kids both caught colds immediately upon returning to preschool, so we have not been doing a whole lot on the weekends. Their incessant snotty noses also don't make for the cutest pictures. We did manage to get this photo of Sadie at the playground last weekend and I thought I'd take this opportunity to share some of Sadie's favorite phrases.

Sadie is very fond of saying the following:

"I got it." (Which means, "Stop trying to help me, I'm doing this on my own whether you like it or not."

"Look at me." (Whenever Sadie is proud of something she has done or is doing, such as in yesterday's case when she picked up an apple and started taking bites of the whole apple for the first time.)

"No, Jackie Boy." (Not surprisingly Sadie often wants to convince Jack to stop doing whatever he is doing, but we were surprised when she started calling him "Jackie Boy," which we do not call him, but which we think she picked up from preschool. She seems to use this whenever she really wants to get his attention.)

"Here, Jackie Boy." (Used when Sadie wants to distract Jack from whatever toy he is playing with so that she can get it for herself.)

No comments: