Saturday, November 20, 2010

HomeWalk 2010




Thank you to everyone who supported Jack, Sadie and I at HomeWalk last weekend. We had a great time at the United Way's 5K walk to end homelessness in LA. Thanks to our many supporters the three of us raised a total of $1,100 for the cause! There were thousands of people at the walk and I was very grateful to have the kids participating with me. HomeWalk is always a nice opportunity to connect my two lives as a mom and a community activist.

Sadie and Jack enjoyed cruising around in their new wagon for the first 15 minutes, which is pretty good for the two of them. The rest of the walk was spent trying to cajole them to either keep moving forward or get back in the wagon. The photo at the top is the three of us at the end of the walk. It took us a bit longer than most walkers, so we pulled up the end of the walk. I learned just how much there is to distract a couple of toddlers on a 5K route. As a result we were very excited to reach the finish line. Sadie and Jack could finally run around with out me saying, "This way! This way, guys. Keep moving forward!"

No comments: