Tuesday, August 23, 2011

East Coast Vacation Part 4






My posting to the blog was slowed by getting a new computer and a trip to New York for 36 hours. I've lost count of how many times I've traveled east this year. The computer turned out to be defective, which is good news because now I feel super-fast on my new MacBook.

So, back to the vacation. We rounded out our trip with 5 days in Maine. 5 days felt luxurious after we'd been on the road so much. The kids loved Momma Su's farm, although even picking vegetables for dinner was not enough to get the kids to eat vegetables. I'll just have to keep dreaming. The highlight of every day was a trip to the chicken house to collect eggs. There was much discussion about which chicken was Sadie and Jack's favorite.

On Saturday we had a fantastic lobster bake! My good friend Nora brought her son Wheeler and another friend from high school, Sarah, came as well. The kids had lots of fun pulling each other around in wagons and Sadie had a love fest with Momma Su's friend Robin.

We spent an amazing amount of time swimming. We went to three different beaches and a gorgeous pond. It was swell being able to drive 5 minutes to some of the best swimming spots in Maine. The kids could have lived on the beach.

We also had a wonderful visit with all my Verrier cousins. Jack and Sadie had the red carpet rolled out for them with a kiddie pool, toys, and endless arms to hold them.

The hardest part of the trip was saying good bye. We're happy to be home, but so many people we love are just too damn far away. I'm ready to start playing the lotto to raise funds to live bi-coastal. It's time that I raised my sights beyond just the kids eating vegetables!

No comments: