Monday, November 21, 2011

HomeWalk 2011




The kids participated for the 3rd year in row in the United Way's HomeWalk to end homelessness in Los Angeles. This was a very special year as we walked with Jack and Sadie's friend Lilella from their preschool and her mother. It was very special to share our value of being of service to the community with another family.

It's quite an experience walking the 5k (or 3.1 miles) with the kids. This year it took us a little over two hours to finish the walk. I was pretty amazed when we ran into Sammy Squirrel. I've have used a charter called Sammy Squirrel to explain homelessness to Jack and Sadie over the years. I have no idea where this Sammy Squirrel came from and I was too tired to ask, but it was a happy surprise to see this plushie during the walk!

We are so grateful to all the family and friends who supported our participation in the walk. I feel very grateful to be able to do things like HomeWalk with the kids!

No comments: