Monday, November 24, 2008

Mealtime observations


I was noticing tonight, at Jack and Sadie's third meal, how much Jack enjoys watching Sadie eat. He has spent a good portion of his first three meals watching his sister. I can't really blame him; Sadie does eat like she's royalty. After she finishes each bite she opens her mouth and sticks out her tongue singling her readiness for the next bite.


Jack's other favorite pleasure during meals is grabbing the spoon before it reaches his mouth. Jack's always been under the impression that he can assist in feedings. He often wants to hold his own bottle, which he inevitably drops within 5 seconds. Tonight he grabbed the spoon at one point during the meal and started banging it on his tray when I did not deliver another spoon with food on it fast enough. I was quite impressed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Sadie is shockingly demure! If I were Jack, I'd watch her, too.