Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sadie and Jack's First Meal!













Jack and Sadie had their first meal today! I was very proud of myself - I prepared homemade organic sweet potatoes for them. The sweet potatoes were a big hit. They both loved them. They did have radically different approaches to solid food though. Jack was very aggressive and grabbed the spoon to try and bring into his mouth with every bite. Unfortunately Jack's hand coordination is still not the greatest. As a result a good portion of the sweet potatoes ended up everywhere but in his mouth. Sadie, on the other hand, could not have been a more dainty eater. She sat still and open her mouth for every bite. The high chairs post-meal tell the story better than I can. Despite being a bit of a hog, I think Jack did get immense pleasure out of the whole experience.

3 comments:

Dharmama Meg said...

this is great. another milestone achieved. high five on the homemade goodness mom!

Anonymous said...

Yea! Super mom!

I love to read about their different ways of doing things. So much personality.

(Don't tell Harper about the homemade goodness. She had the innards of my Trader Joe's veggie potstickers for dinner. Very gingery.)

Molly said...

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies. I have to say so far I'm really enjoying solids. It's a lot of fun feeding them.